>

19 January 2015

Hair Removal Saviours

It may be January, and so freezing that the thought of baring your legs is positively ridiculous; however unfortunately for us ladies, this does not mean that we can neglect the oh-so-glamourous prospect of hair removal.

Over the past few years, I have tried many different products and techniques in my bid to be silky smooth - waxing, hair removal creams, bleaching creams, epilators, shaving - you name it, I've tried it. However, I think I have finally found a really great combination of products which works well for me. To keep these all to myself would just be selfish, so here you are - my 3 favourite hair removal products!

1. The Best Hair Removal Cream
Veet Hair Removal Cream with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E for Sensitive Skin, £4.85 for 100ml. Available at boots.co.uk.

Hair removal confession number 1: I much prefer using hair removal cream on my legs than shaving, as I hate the spiky, prickly feeling your legs get when you shave. Is that controversial? I don't know. But I do know that I can't live without this product, and I remain hair free for longer if I use this cream!

I'll admit, most hair removal creams have a really horrible smell which can be very off-putting, but rest assured you will not be wrinkling your nose when applying this cream from Veet. I opted for the sensitive skin friendly cream, as I am extremely likely to come out in a blotchy rash with lots of products, but this one is perfect for me - not a single red mark!

In terms of how to use this cream, it's incredibly easy; just apply the cream to your legs using the curved spatula provided, leave on for 10 minutes, and then rinse off. That's it! 

This product is also safe to use on your arms, armpits and bikini line. I would thoroughly recommend it - and have you seen the price? Ridiculously reasonable!

2. The Best Epilator
Philips SatinPerfect Epilator HP6576/00, £112.34. Available at philips.co.uk.

Hair removal confession number 2: epilators are amazing (if you invest in a good one). As mentioned previously, I don't shave my legs as I don't think it gives very good results, so for quite a few years I used to get my legs waxed. However, this is quite often a bit of a faff, and it adds up quickly if you're getting it done professionally. So I turned to epilating... And I wasn't that impressed. The reason why? I'd chosen a fairly cheap, basic epilator, which basically 'chewed' the hairs as opposed to actually removing them.

But then, I bought my beloved SatinPerfect epilator. And what an amazing find this was! Firstly, it's cordless which I think is important - it means you can take it with you to examine your legs carefully under the best light. However, there is a little built in light too, so you can see exactly what you're doing as you epilate. It comes with a set of tweezers which have a built in light (oh my gosh, so much light), and has a special 'active hairlifter' which, wait for it, "uses subtle vibrations to lift fine hairs". To summarise: it's AMAZING. 

Yes, OK, it's a little bit pricier than buying a pack of disposable razors during your next supermarket shop, or a set of home waxing strips, but I honestly think it's worth it.

3. The Best 'Moustache' Fix
Skin So Soft Soft and Smooth Facial Hair Removal Cream, £4.00 for 15ml. Available at avonshop.co.uk.


Hair removal confession number 3: OK, yes, if I don't do anything about it, I have a moustache. But I know I am not the only one who suffers from this problem. And at least I have found something awesome to fix it.

Those of you who are regulars to my blog will know that I am an Avon fan, and it's because of products like this. Just apply a tiny amount of this cream to your upper lip, leave for 5-10 minutes, and voila! You can then literally rub off the hairs. I love it because it's so quick and easy to use. Yes, it does have a slight whiff to it, but I kinda like the smell... And the product WORKS!

So there you have it; my 3 hair removal saviours. Give them a go and let me know what you think. Until next time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
INSTAGRAM | @secretmaggiemay